[IP] Re: High Cholesterol

I have been fighting high cholesterol all my life. I now take 120 mg. of
Lipitor a day(40mg above maximum) and 6000 mg. of niacin.(yes 6000 mg) and I
finally have my cholesterol within a reasonable range.Last Dr. appt. it was
202. Both HDL an LDL were in normal range. I do have blood work done every 3
months to check for signs of any liver damage. So far nothing has changed
except my cholesterol profile. There is no doubt that my a1c staying between
6 and 6.2 has also been a major contributing factor. I know this is fairly
extreme; however, considering my cholesterol would run above 400 even on a
"real" vegetarian diet, and that I have had one heart attack, it is working.
Perhaps a more moderate approach would work for others. Check with your Dr.