Re: [IP] unexplained high sugars with no illness

> Lily's very first pump endo told us in similar
> circumstances --- "be
> agressive with the insulin". It was tough for me to
> do and a bit
> scary to be cranking in double what I thought was
> "normal

This is a problem I'm having too. I wait weeks before
I decide to crank up a bolus (not so much with basals)
because I'm afraid of having a devastating low. As I
have been posting, for the past week and a half now I
need about 2 1/2 times the amount of insulin for
evening meals and last night was the first night I
just went for it and bolused like hell. I kept my
numbers under much better control, but it's terrifying
to take that much insulin. I guess under these
circumstances, we have to acknowledge that there may
be a day when we suddenly fall back into our "normal"
patterns, but that we will cross that bridge when we
suddenly find ourselves on the other side of it.

Do You Yahoo!?