Re: [IP] unexplained high sugars with no illness

> Lily's very first pump endo told us in similar
> circumstances --- "be
> agressive with the insulin". It was tough for me to
> do and a bit
> scary to be cranking in double what I thought was
> "normal

This is a problem I'm having too. I wait weeks before
I decide to crank up a bolus (not so much with basals)
because I'm afraid of having a devastating low. As I
have been posting, for the past week and a half now I
need about 2 1/2 times the amount of insulin for
evening meals and last night was the first night I
just went for it and bolused like hell. I kept my
numbers under much better control, but it's terrifying
to take that much insulin. I guess under these
circumstances, we have to acknowledge that there may
be a day when we suddenly fall back into our "normal"
patterns, but that we will cross that bridge when we
suddenly find ourselves on the other side of it.
Catherine