Re: [IP] unexplained high sugars with no illness

email @ redacted writes:

<< High bg's in the morning combined with moderate insulin resistance is
 usually a sign of a crash in the night. Was yesterday a particularly
 high activity day?? or did he have an unusual meal for which the
 bolus may have been too high?? >>
I did think of that, however we are going on the second day of unexplained
highs.  So frustrating....  I have not been able to get answers from his endo
group and now his sugars are still in the 400s with large ketones.  I'm
taking him to another endo in a few minutes and hope he can figure this out.
Here's what we've done:
*changed bottles of insulin, changed boxes of infusion sets and reservoirs
*given Humalog by syringe (makes no difference)
*increased basals
*lots of fluids
*changed site 3 times in 24 hours!
   Prayers would be appreciated.