Re: [IP] unexplained high sugars with no illness

> Jim,
> Thanks for your suggestion.  Right now my son's sugar came down to
> 340.  I'll keep monitoring it and if it stays high I'll try another
> new bottle of insulin.  Could it be a growth spurt, maybe?

Could be lots of things, the trick is to isolate what you know and
try to eliminate the ones that are unreasonable. From my observation
about growth spurts, the don't come on instantly and are responsive
to bolus's. With a change in overall insulin needs (growth spurt), it
always seemed to me that bg's would come down then begin to climb
again with an overall pattern of running high but with the
corrections bring thing back close to normal. When this had persisted
over a period of a few days, it was always time to tweak basals and
ratios a bit -- usually not a whole bunch at any one time. YMMV