Re: [IP] Cataracts

Sue
its a very simple and short procedure, should take about 2 hours from prior to through recovery, i know that medicare covers 100% but i don't know about other insurances, oh I know about the medicare thing because my father just had both eyes done, well after the first we diagnosed him with some other problems but the eye thing went very well.   good luck Scott

>>> email @ redacted 06/06/02 07:21PM >>>
I am a 49 year old Type 1 diabetic.  I have had diabetes since the age
of two and having been pumping for two years and two days.  Over the
past year I have developed serious problems with my vision due to the
formation of cataracts.  A retinologist who looked at my eyes told me he
would not consider removing the cataracts until they were much more
advanced.  I work as a librarian and my inability to see creates a
problem.  Has anyone dealt with cataracts or had surgery to remove
them?  I did a quick check of the archive and came up empty-handed.

Sue Stone
Type 1, 47 years