Re: [IP] Child Pen Pal Wanted

On 6/6/02 5:52 PM, "email @ redacted" <email @ redacted> wrote:

> My son Zachary, whose 12 1/2 would like to correspond with other
> young pumpers.   He signed up for the Young Insulin Pumpers list,
> but there isn't any communication going on with that list.   Since
> he missed the entire 2nd semester at school (new school this year too)
> and his only friend on our street moved away, he could use some
> socialization.
> If you have a child ages 10-14, male or female, who you think
> might be interested in corresponding about pumping, IDDM,
> peer issues, and normal kid stuff, please E-Mail me privately.
> Thanks!

If you have a child who is interested in corresponding with other children
who are using the pump or who are still on MDI, encourage them to join YIP
and allow them to post letters there.  A conversation begins when someone
posts.  Private conversations may continue from there, but a beginning post
to YIP is certainly encouraged.  BTW, we do NOT allow any adults to belong
or post to YIP.  This is for children under the age of 18 ONLY.

And we take this very seriously!!!   Kids Only!  Parents STAY OUT!!!!!!!

George     ;>)