[IP] Re: Animas Pump Alarms

Keith wrote:

Date: Thu, 6 Jun 2002 13:29:17 -0400
From: "Grimes, Keith" <email @ redacted>
Subject: RE: [IP] Need help from Animas pumpers

Thanks to all who replied with help. It really became
a joke for a
while. I
thought, Hey, I'll just take out the batteries. Bad
move. Bells and
and sirens and whistles started going off all over the
place, I mean it
everything but autodial the police and fire
departments. My co-workers
popping their heads over the walls asking me if
everything was ok. I'm
trying to stuff those little batteries back in the
pump and I'm
them and crawling under my desk trying to find them,
blah, blah, blah.
I was
a mess for a while. However, I finally corrected the

Thanks again,

I have been very lazy reading and responding to the
list lately -- Must be so many other things that keep
me busy in the summer.  But, I had to laugh when I
read Keith's letter.  You cannot turn off the R-1000 -
which at first I thought was stupid -- but it really
is a good idea that you can never unknowingly turn off
your pump.

I'm just glad all that stuff didn't just happen to
me!!  The first time my "sirens" went off after I got
the pump, was when I was at the movies watching
"Ocean's Eleven".  It just won't shut up until you
satisfy it.  And as a new pumper, I had considerable
problems satisfying it!!  And, I also fumbled with the
batteries and 0-rings.  If you aren't quick it lets
you know and makes you more nervous and slows you down
even more.  After 7 months of pumping, I'm a bit more
comfortable, but still dread changing those blasted
batteries.  Luckily Animas has the greatest support
team - they're always with you!!

Pat (pumping 11/01)

Do You Yahoo!?