Re: [IP] unexplained high sugars with no illness

I am truly puzzled and hope someone has some good advice.  My 15 year old
went to bed last night at 11 p.m. with a 180 sugar.  He corrected and woke up
at 6:30 a.m. this morning a whopping 387 with moderate ketones.  He bolused,
it didn't come down, so at 10:30 we changed the entire set and site ( he also
changed it the night before).  He finally came down to 255 with no ketones by
12:30 so I sent him to school.  At 6:30, before dinner, his sugar was 557
with trace ketones.  I gave him an injection and by 9:30 his sugar is 457
with no ketones.  Since I injected him and it didn't come down, I ruled out a
problem with the pump.  He bolused 10 more units and I'm waiting to see what
  Does anyone have any idea as to what could be going on?  I know I'll be up
all night checking him.