Re: [IP] Gymnastics Leotards

Hi Nancy,

I also have a 13 year old daughter who is a gymnast.  She was diagnosed May
2, 2000.  She's not currently on the pump - she's on Humolog/Lantus shots -
Hopefully you'll find someone who could use those leos!

At this time she's not even considering trying the pump because of
gymnastics.  She doesn't want to have to worry about swinging bars or falling
off beam and breaking the it.  I really think it's the fear of the unknown!

Anyway, the only problem she encounters (after working out 3 to 3 1/2 hours
per night) are high readings sometimes in the mid-200 range and if she
doesn't have 30 to 45 units of carbs she'll run low!

What level is your daughter in?  It would be nice if they could e-mail each
other having gymnastics in common.  Having the "time" is always the problem
though -  between all the hours in the gym and keeping up with school work
there is no TIME.

Kathy Sucich