[IP] Cataracts

I am a 49 year old Type 1 diabetic.  I have had diabetes since the age
of two and having been pumping for two years and two days.  Over the
past year I have developed serious problems with my vision due to the
formation of cataracts.  A retinologist who looked at my eyes told me he
would not consider removing the cataracts until they were much more
advanced.  I work as a librarian and my inability to see creates a
problem.  Has anyone dealt with cataracts or had surgery to remove
them?  I did a quick check of the archive and came up empty-handed.

Sue Stone
Type 1, 47 years