RE:[IP] insulin at high temps in Vegas

---original message----
My husband and I are traveling to Las Vegas at the end of the month. Last
year the temp reached 112 when we were there. I was not on the pump yet. I am
concerned about my insulin at such warm conditions. We plan to sit by the
pool for several hours a day. Does anyone have any suggestions as to how to
assure the insulin will not go "bad" in such warm conditions?? Mini med
simply told me the pump will function ok but I am worried about the
insulin.Dr suggested to not wear theump while I am at the pool. I'm nervous
about not wearing my pump for such a long period? Anyone have any ideas???
---I have a pump wallet from frio.  It is wonderful.  They have a unique system for keeping
medications cool.  I don't know why, but they do not have the pump wallet in their catalogue.
Someone on this list pointed me to the UK frio site instead.  There you order a large wallet but
in the shipping instructions specify pump wallet.
You may be able to do the same thing at the US site.
To find the sites, search on 'frio insulin'.
You should contact them for instructions of how to order a pump wallet.  The difference is that
the pump wallet has a velcro belt loop so you can hook it on your straps or hook a clip to it.

Do You Yahoo!?