Re: [IP] need help from Animas pumpers

At 08:21 AM 6/6/2002 Grimes, Keith wrote:
 >My pump rep just gave me a little training session on using the R1000. He's
 >giving me a pump to play with for the weekend to see how I like it before
 >choosing to go with it. I'm also doing the same with the Paradigm.
 >The problem is that we set up an example basal rate for the day and this
 >pump is pushing out the saline. I've suspended it but now it's beeping at me
 >every three minutes.
 >My question: How do I turn this pump off, or make it stop beeping, until I'm
 >ready to play with it again?

One method would be to use a Temporary Basal set at OFF. If you scroll down
the negative numbers far enough you'll see the OFF option. You can set this
for up to 12 hours and repeat it if you need more time. Be sure to use GO
to have it use that TEMP basal. If you need it off for more time than that,
you'll need to pull the batteries. Obviously, when you're pumping for real,
you'd never want to do that unless there was a real problem.

Another method would be to just let it continue to pump. If it's just
saline, it really doesn't make any difference. Just hang the end of the set
over a sink while it's doing it's thing.