Re: [IP] Cholesterol levels

----- Original Message -----
From: "Kathy Bruckmeyer" <email @ redacted>
> Regarding Cholesterol levels and taking medication....
> My opinion on this is why take a medicine if you haven't first tried a low
> fat diet?  The meds have lots of side affects with your liver, muscles and
> other stuff.
> You will see yourself start to lose weight and your chol. will lower

Well, maybe yes and maybe no. Some high cholesterol is genetic, and diet
will not touch it.

Some high cholesterol is caused by CARBS, not fat -- and there was even an
acknowledgement of that in one of the medical journals.

It really seems that the combination of carbs, especially white ones, like
rice, bread, pasta and potatoes, plus saturated fat has a bad influence on
cholesterol. So you can totally eliminate the fat, or you can eliminate the
refined carbs (keeping the high-fiber nutritious ones in moderation), and
pretty much get the same results.

But, as always, YMMV.

Natalie ._c-