Re: [IP] super low-carb diet

I wanted to thank all the folks who responded to my
post. I also wanted to clear a few things up for some
folks who are a little confused.
The problem I'm having (and a lot of folks who replied
are having) are post-meal spikes that are IMPOSSIBLE
to control. These mostly occur with high-carb meals.
It's NOT an insulin adjustment issue, and it's NOT
"unhealthy" to cut high-carb, processed foods out of
one's diet. Like Margaret, I get a lot of my carbs
from fruits and veggies, and I'm trying to eat more
protein than I used to. It's most frustrating when I'm
eating out or at a friend's house for dinner, where I
can't find anything low-carb on the menu that has any
substance to it (not to mention the appalling amount
of salt, oil and butter people use in cooking).

Anyway, I feel much better knowing that other folks
are dealing very well with this problem. I envy those
who can make the pump work for them in every
situation, but those high, high post-prandials are a
constant reminder to me to at more simply and more
healthily which will do me some good in the long run.

Do You Yahoo!?