RE: [IP] Pain with Insertion Needle

but had a sharp pain when withdrawing the introducer needle.

	Sounds more like you injected into muscle...it hurts real bad when it goes
in and worse when you pull out the injector needle...

	Please be careful about turning the needle around before removing.  Some
sets you are not supposed to do that and it will bed the cannula left inside
you and you will have problems with your blood sugars.

	I know when I was using the regular soft set, it said to turn 1/4 around
before removing but when I did it with my micro, I had nothing but trouble.
Read the directions for that size cannula and said to pull straight out and
found out the hard way that by turning, it twisted the cannula and no
insulin was going through.
Kathy Bruckmeyer
email @ redacted
diab 35 yrs pumping 12/00