Re: [IP] Upgrading to a newer pump

> I do not know what my insurance that I have now will pay.  I wanted to
> research before I got any gears turning as far as the insurance or the
> pump company.  I have read many threads about the best ways to choose a
> pump and am planning on taking those routes, but wanted to know of
> others experiences with upgrading from a working pump to a newer pump.

Last fall I upgraded my 506 to a 508 (a vast improvement,
IMHO). This was justified to the insurance folks by a) my
needing the square-wave bolus feature (as soon as I mentioned
pizza, my endo said "Oh ya..."), b) the buttons were getting
to where it was getting difficult to get a response from the

The insurance company approved the upgrade. Of course, it took
over 6 months and many phone calls from me and the the pump
folks to actually PAY.                          - Bluejay
Adametz, CFII, A&P, AA-5B N45210

Plush code 2.0: P[bun,bir]/>F[bun,bir] B++ BB  C++ E FF+ I++
!M !MM N++
                O+ Sp+ Sf Takm+rsz ma++
Furry code 1.3: FA6a A-- C- D H+ M- P++++ R+ T+++ W- Z S# RLCT
a++ cvul++
                d+ e+ f++++ h+ i+ j+ p- s#