Re: [IP] New disconnectable rapid

On 5 Jun 2002 at 15:51, email @ redacted wrote:

> Hi group!  I just picked up the new disconnectable rapid infusion
> sets.  Anyone using them, I'd love to hear any tips/hints you may
> have.  One question in particular, how much do you prime after hooking
> back up?

  0,  Zero     No need to "prime after hooking back up"  The priming is only
necessary to fill the pig-tail and needle before insertion.  I do hold my pump above
the tubing to see that insulin is all the way to the connector needle before re-
attaching it to the pig-tail.  Haven't used them long enough to really develop any
"tips".   I use them on my arms and will try a location closer to the shoulder and see
if I can grip the connector with my teeth since I'll only have use of one hand.   :>]