From: email @ redacted
[mailto:email @ redacted]On Behalf Of Billie Sue Parker
Sent: Wednesday, June 05, 2002 8:47 AM
To: Insulin-Pumpers
Subject: [IP] Upgrading to a newer pump

I am in the process of researching for the purpose of replacing my MM507
pump.  I would like to gather all the information I can so that I get
the best pump for me.  As I have stated before, my CDE can only train me
on the MiniMed pumps, but I am trying not to let that sway my decision.
I do want to know from any people that have upgraded to a newer pump if
they were able to receive any kind of reimbursement for their still
working pump.  I didn't know if that would be an added incentive for me
to choose to stay with MiniMed.  When I bought my pump 4 1/2 years ago,
my insurance (at the time) would only pay up to $2500.  MiniMed set up
the remainder of the cost on payments for me.

I do not know what my insurance that I have now will pay.  I wanted to
research before I got any gears turning as far as the insurance or the
pump company.  I have read many threads about the best ways to choose a
pump and am planning on taking those routes, but wanted to know of
others experiences with upgrading from a working pump to a newer pump.

Thanks in advance,
Billie