Date: Tue, 04 Jun 2002 14:51:53 -0500
From: "Molly Rankin" <email @ redacted>
Subject: [IP] Exercise and the pump

i just got hooked up to my paradigm pump last week, and i have a few
questions about exercising with the pump. my pump trainer suggested that i
reduce my basal rate and keep the pump on while I exercise, but i don't know
how comfortable I am doing this during intense exercise (such as kickboxing
or circuit training.) please let me know what some of your experiences have
been... my fear is that if i keep the pump on while i workout, even at a
reduced basal rate, my sugar will go low-- as it often did when i was on
MDI. i also don't imagine it would be too comfortable to keep the pump
clipped on to me as i'm jumping around, any suggestions on where to wear it
if i do keep it attached? all responses are appreciated... i'm rather
inexperienced here :)
--- end of quote ---