[Previous Months][Date Index][Thread Index][Join - Register][Login]
  [Message Prev][Message Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]

RE: [IP] visit to U.S.


By Kalamazoo, I am assuming you mean Kalamazoo, Michigan.  I grew up in
Holland which isn't too far from there.

Since you are working on your thesis, and are heading to Kalamazoo, I am
guessing you must be doing this through Kalamazoo College?  Is there a way
where you could get reduced priced housing through them?  Either a dorm
room, or be placed with a family?  For the most part people in SouthWestern
Michigan are very friendly and helpful, it couldn't hurt to call and see
what you can work out.

As for supplies, I would stock up on as much as you can while you can before
you leave.  I don't know much about the health care system in New Zealand,
but in the US if you have a letter from a doctor explaining medical
necessity you can often get prescriptions filled early, or for more then
three months if you are going to be traveling out of the country.  Once you
know your destination here, you can send a box with your non-temperature
effected supplies (such as sets) to the address and bring the temperature
effected supplies with you.  Again this is something you may need to arrange
with the airline if it is a large supply.  What type of pump and infusion
set do you use?   I have some extra reservoirs for my MM508 and some sils
that I would be willing to send you while you are here if you need them.

As for medical doctors in the US, they are pretty expensive if you don't
have healthcare.  I would check through Kalamazoo College to see if they
have a plan to help cover you while you are here.  Although those are often
limited it might be useful.

I wish you the best, and hopefully you can make it work,
for HELP or to subscribe/unsubscribe, contact: HELP@insulin-pumpers.org
send a DONATION http://www.Insulin-Pumpers.org/donate.shtml