Re: [IP] George - Disetronic Rapids w disconnect

On 6/4/02 1:24 PM, "catherine popper" <email @ redacted> wrote:

> FYI - I went to the site and Disetronic is offering 2
> types of disconnect, one being a Sils/Tender type
> pitchfork thingie and the other is more like the
> regular type of disconnect. They both look like they
> have pigtails, but the Sils/Tender disconnect has an
> extra adhesive pad for the disconnect part.
> Seeing as needle sets are the only ones that work at
> all with me, I'm glad these finally made it to the US.
> When I said boon or burden, I meant the extra adhesive
> pad on that one set. I can't decide which set to get
> now that there is a choice! What a coup, really...
> Catherine

You are speaking of their main website in Switzerland, not the US site.  The
sets available there have not necessarily received FDA approval yet.  The
Rapid D is the one that has.  You can't see a picture of it at the US site
yet, but the packaging is described at:

Click the guide on the left for the page for Infusion Sets.  The Rapid C set
does look interesting.  I wonder if it will take another 3 years for it to
receive FDA approval.   :>(