[IP] Cholesterol levels

Need a second opinion.
 My overall cholesterol is 196.  HDL is 79. LDL is
104. Ratio 1.3. Triglycerides 61. My endo wants to put
me on cholesterol lowering drugs.  I'm 50 and don't
take any medications but insulin. I run 15-20 miles a
week and lift weights. I hate the thought of taking
medications and really don't think my numbers are that
bad. Any opinions? And why is he pushing this?

Do You Yahoo!?