[IP] Problems with feet

Hello, I went to see my podiatrist today to have my toe nails removed...
AGAIN... this would have been the 5th time!  I wanted to ask if anyone else
has had the same recurring problem with the nails growing back after being
"yanked" out.  A couple of them have not grown back but are very calloused.
They look and feel almost as bad as the nails.  He suggested that the calluses
be surgically removed and grafted with new skin.... yikes!  Has anyone ever
heard of anything like this or has anyone actually had it done.  I'm
rescheduled to see him in July, just to have the 5 nails that grew back taken
out and to discuss this other procedure further...  if anyone can offer any
help I would be most appreciative.  Thanks, Tina