RE: [IP] Exercise and the pump

--- Anne O'Hara <email @ redacted> wrote:
> Hi Molly,
> I too had the same fears about keeping a low basal
> while exercising.

Wow, what an active bunch :-)  that is sooo
great...kickboxing and intense training..way to go
girls.  I get lows easily, even after just walking.  I
have not tried to reduce my basals, because, like you
guys, I have ot been on my pump too long (Apr. 1) and
have not felt comfortable doing that.  I would like to
hear from those of you out there that are reducing
your basals before and during exercise.  Does it
really help and how much is a rough estimate to
reduce?  My daytime basal is .5u/hr.  As far as what
to do with your pump when exercising, I bought one of
those little velcro and nylon (lycra?) waist pouches
from MM and really like it.  I originally got it for
sleeping, but don't use it for that.  Instead it has
been my exercise buddy (along with Em the dog :-))
Blessings  Cynthia

Do You Yahoo!?