From: Molly Rankin [mailto:email @ redacted]
Sent: Tuesday, June 04, 2002 3:52 PM
To: email @ redacted
Subject: [IP] Exercise and the pump

hello...
i just got hooked up to my paradigm pump last week, and i have a few
questions about exercising with the pump. my pump trainer suggested that
reduce my basal rate and keep the pump on while I exercise, but i don't
know
how comfortable I am doing this during intense exercise (such as
kickboxing
or circuit training.) please let me know what some of your experiences
have
been... my fear is that if i keep the pump on while i workout, even at a

reduced basal rate, my sugar will go low-- as it often did when i was on

MDI. i also don't imagine it would be too comfortable to keep the pump
clipped on to me as i'm jumping around, any suggestions on where to wear
it
if i do keep it attached? all responses are appreciated... i'm rather
inexperienced here :)

thanks!
molly rankin
pumping for one week, diagnosed at age 2 (20 years ago!)