[IP] pain when withdrawing introducer needle

Hello everyone:

    Last week as I was putting in a new set, I had no problems with actually
putting the set in, but had a sharp pain when withdrawing the introducer
needle.  My blood sugar was fine later in the evening, so I left it alone.
I would feel a stabbing pain occasionally, if I would stretch or bend.
During the night, I couldn't take it, it hurt so bad!  Again, normal blood
sugar but I replaced it asap.  Last night it happened again.  Total pain
when withdrawing the needle!  I wanted just to leave the stupid needle in
there!  I pulled it out as fast as I could, but man, it hurt.  (I'm truly
not a cry baby, normally)  I left that set in, its in now and doing fine.

    Did I hit a nerve?  That was the only thing I could think of.  Something
else kind of funny too- I've started to physically get sick to my stomach
after putting in set!  I have been pumping just over a month now, and this
just started to happen a couple weeks back.  I literally have to psych
myself out before putting in a set now!  I know its a complete "in my head
thing" so I ignore it best I can.  Besides, I would much rather put up with
the "make believe" nausea and stabbing pains with withdrawing the needle any
day, rather than go back to multiple injections!!!

Nikki.