[IP] Lantus

I have been using Lantus since November, after 37 years on NPH.  I am in the
process of getting approved for the pump.  Lantus has not been stable for me.
It is "smoother" but I still have lows and am taking much more humalog than I
was taking on N.  In addition, Lantus ,once opened, is only stable for 28
days.  I have returned 3 vials in two months due to it turning bad before 28
days and I kept it refrigerated.  It is also very expensive, compared to N.
with all this, I plan to keep N as my back up.