[IP] Dialysis

I agree with Dr. Bender that dialysis puts a crimp in your life, but life
does go on and I have to say that I have been on hemodialysis for almost 3
years now and my life couldn't be any better (well it could be better if I
were to get a call that I am going to be transplanted in the next few hours

I have a beautiful 3 year old daughter and a loving and supportive husband.
Granted, this makes it all a lot easier to handle because I know a lot of
patients my age (I am 30) whose families are not very supportive, if at all.
A lot of relationships cannot sustain the kind of stress this illness can
hand out.  I guess I am one of the fortunate people and have a loving and
supportive family and friends.

I also tried PD and it wasn't all it was cracked up to be.  You have to carry
around 2 liters of fluid around in your abdomen and you constantly feel like
you are pregnant (well in my case I felt like I was constipated all the
time).  That is 8-10 pounds of extra fluid that you have to carry around 24/7
and you cannot skip a treatment.  I prefer hemo over PD but it is all a YMMV
and apersonal choice.

3 years hemo and loving my life
I am just thankful to be alive