[IP] Diualysis

>RoseLea I had a friend in the 80's who was 20 years on dialysis and he came
>down with lung cancer. He never smoked in his life. You never know!

This is from my health insurance handbook under Exclusions and Limitations:
"Dialysis services after 30 months of ESRD treatment."

So, I take that to mean that after 30 months they're not going to pay for
it anymore.  So, the only choices you have with them is transplant or death
(or find someone else to pay for dialysis for you.)

Dialysis certainly puts a crimp in your life. When you are on it you are
immunocompromised Lymphoma and other cancers are not uncommon. After a short
period of time, I seem to remember 6 mos or so you get Medicare
Automagically so you need not worry about who will pay for this life
sustaining treatment which is worse than the kidney failure. If you are
going to need dialysis, stay off of it as long as possible. Get your fistula
put in when you do not need it, it heals better. Have a list of books to
read when you are being dialyzed, unless you like to watch TV. Don't let
them run you too fast. Prior to your dialysis talk with the head nurse of
the dialysis center, she can answer most questions and see the social
service rep for the center they all have one. You can go on special cruises
they work out where they can dialyze you en-route, you can run wile the ship
sails. See if you can do CAPD in your center. Its easy fast and requires
infusing solution in your belly and letting it out. every few hours. spot
( a former dialysis center neurologist).

A. L. Bender, M. D.