[IP] Re: Animas R1000 (My negative)

On Fri, 31 May 2002  Jon Pace email @ redacted wrote:

>>>The first is the audio bolus feature. For those not familiar with how the
Animus audio bolus works, it's basically: - push the audio button to start,
and get a two beep confirmation - push the audio button to select the
amount of insulin you want to bolus (selectable for 0.5 or 1.0 increments,
with different beeps for each) - wait for the pump to beep back the amount
you told it to bolus (basically, count the beeps) - wait for the two beeps
indicating it's ready to bolus and then press one last time to start the
bolus. If you don't press, it doesn't bolus. My problem with this is the
last step. I have found (two hours later) that I didn't press hard enough
to start the audio bolus, but you have no way of knowing that without
looking at the pump. If you start the bolus, you get no more beeps. If you
don't start the bolus, you get no more beeps.<<<

**Mine beeps to confirm that I've delivered the bolus.  I would call Animas
and check on this!  My first pump with the old software - and the one I'm
using now - with the new software - both gave me one single beep after
pressing the button to confirm the bolus - and then beeps again when the
delivery is completed.