[IP] Re: seizures

Subject: Re: [IP] seizures

><< You may want to do > hourly blood sugar checks during that range of hours
> to make sure his basal > isn't too high.  Just a couple of thoughts. >>
>We've tried that too!  I'm totally sleep deprived  :)
>You might see times when he was like 200 around 4AM,
>170 around 6AM and then BAM!   HE's seizing at 6:45 and
immediately post-seizure his reading is in the 50s or lower.<<

Hi Barbara,

When you see such a drastic drop in three hours, are there any
boluses still in his system working?  You said he stays up late.  Is
he eating and bolusing late at night or in the early morning hours?
How old is your son?  What are his basal rates during the night?  How
long has he been pumping?

Wow, if this remains a mystery, I can't imagine how scary this is.
Hang in there!  I hope things get better for you.

Cindy, mom to 15 y/o Noah