Re: [IP] Why 2 H-Trons

In a message dated 6/1/2002 7:55:06 PM Mountain Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> I believe that in Swizerland, anyone who uses a medical device is   required
>  to have two pumps.  It is kind of like an OSHA standard for medical
>  equipment.  This is the way it was explained to me by the Disetronic rep.

This is what I was told by a Dis. Rep,  too.  When Disetronic came out with
the D-tron, they were able to meet the requirements of the law by providing
an insulin pen that uses the same insulin cartridge as the D-tron as the
"Back-up Device."

Pumpmama to Katie