-----Original Message-----
From: George Lovelace

I believe that the pumps have an internal clock that counts down to 112
weeks of use and then gives you the "Error 88".  That means that there are 8
weeks of life left before the pump shuts down completely to force you to get
a technical inspection.  So the warranty may be for 4 years on the pumps,
but the actual use before a technical inspection is due is more than 4-1/2
years.

As far as a backup being unnecessary, tell that to an astronauts and see if
they agree with you.    :>)

George