Re: [IP] Why 2 H-Trons

----- Original Message -----
From: "maverickmom"

> It may be silly to you Frank (btw, just curious if
> you've ever experienced a pump failure?).....

However, I do take your point and perhaps I would feel differently if I were
making a decision about the pump therapy of anybody besides myself.
As for myself, I would when I was a customer of Disotrnic have preferred
having a pump for just two years with the option of perhaps getting a more
modern pump when the first expires if were using a Disetronic. As it happens
and in retrospect, I don't think I would have switched to the D-tron  after
two years of the H-Tron. The H-Tron was certainly not a bad pump and even
though it seems a bit dated now  I would probably choose it again if were
not for the Animas and the prospect of other, perhaps even more advanced,
pumps coming.

For shorter periods off the pump I use NPH because of its short half-life
and for longer periods bovine lente and I don't find it a big deal, but I
suppose, as so often, YMMV.