Re: [IP] Why 2 H-Trons

On 6/1/02 7:09 AM, "Mike Swaithes" <email @ redacted> wrote:

> Can someone on this list explain to me why everyone with a Disetronic
> H-Tron, has two? I have my own suspicions, but can someone give the official
> reason?
> Mike

This isn't "official" of course, and I really don't know why you have
"suspicions", but shouldn't the question be "why doesn't Minimed provide you
with a back-up pump?"  My suspicions?   There is a conspiracy between
Minimed and FedEx.

At one time it was said that there was a government regulation in one of the
European countries that mandated they provide you with a back-up.  Makes
sense even though DHL isn't much different from FedEx.  I've only had one
occasion to have to use the "back-up".  Typically I switch pumps out every
six months to keep the life cycle fairly equal between them.