[IP] Convincing a CDE

From: email @ redacted
Subject: [IP] Convincing a CDE

Does this person realize that with the pump your child will need more
than she is currently taking.  Everytime she eats something with carbos in
she will have to give according to what she eats.

I have to disagree with this statement:  IF she is on MDI now, she will be
probably cutting her current insulin usage in half, if not  more.  Sorry,
been on a pump two years, so my memory lapses back to those old MDI days.
But I do recall I used to take about 85 to 90 u/d.  Now on the pump, its a
daily total, including both basals and boluses, of about 30-35 units per
Therefore, and I know YMMV, I still disagree slightly unless there are
circumstances I don't remember reading.

Lori A. Willey
First Express Inc.
email @ redacted, or