Re: [IP] Ultra one-touch meter - arm testing

A rep from Therasense told me that it helps to rub the
forearm vigorously before you test. It helps the drop
come up and the rep said something about how testing
in the fingertips yields more accurate results,
especially if your BG is moving rapidly one way or the
other, and rubbing the arm increases the bloodflow
between the fingertips and the forearm, yielding more
similar results. Hooey? Maybe, but it also helps the
drop come up. Also he mentioned after you depress the
plunger, "pumping" the lancet on the arm to milk the
drop. I did get a nasty green bruise once on my
forearm that took a really long time to go away, but
as a stringed instrument player, it's worth it to me
to give my fingers a break!
Catherine