Re: [IP] Lack of Accountability - was Malpractice(Long)

>That's the facts - now the HORROR STORY -
>I filed a complaint with the State License Board - they investigated (a
>whole two letters to the Doc's involved).
>And this investigation took over 5 months.
>Doc admitted error - but said to the board he has changed his ways.
>In this state (Colorado) there is NO RIGHT OF APPEAL OR REVIEW on the
>board's decision.
>Lawyers(talked to over 15) would not take the case because there was NO LONG

I couldn't agree with you more.  I've been wanting to reply for a while,
but just haven't had the time or energy.

I don't know if you read my post on Prescription drugs, but after I posted
that I ended up in another hospital, ok a looney bin for five weeks.  I
have no regrets for doing that, for now at least I am making it through
each day with a smile.  Anyway, while I was at this place I met a doctor
who was there for alcoholism.  I shared my story, for my first encounter
with him was "get the hell away from me I hate doctors".  He and many
others have encouraged me to file a mal practice.  I too have gone the
route of State License Board, which was a complete waste of time.  I just
learned two weeks ago that not only did those drugs screw me up mentally
and nearly kill me, but now after 38 years of diabetes and good kidneys,
wham the kidneys have begun to go down hill.  Plus my gastro is flaring up
like gang busters.  Anyway, my endo informed me that all those drugs I was
on and especially the narcotics have in a sense put my body into a tail
spin.  I am sooooooooooooooooooooo pissed.  Mind you I DID NOT abuse the
narcotics, just followed doctors orders.

I have spoken with one attorney who basically told me unless your dead ( a
lot of damn good that will do me ) or lose a limb, I don't have a
chance.  Well I spoke to another that said this isn't true and he gave me
the name of another attorney that does mal practice.  I don't care what it
takes, but I will find someone who will take my case because those two
doctors that put me through this living hell are going to pay, some way
some how.  I really don't care about the money, it's the fact that doctors
are getting away with shit like this.

Anyway, I just wanted you to know that I really empathize with your anger
and frustration.  What happened to you is down right WRONG and the doctor
should have lost his license.

>Sorry about the vent - but it is my ONLY recourse -

IMHO you have NO reason to be sorry.  You are speaking your truth.

>  unless I take the law
>into my own hands.

I'll let you know if I don't get anywhere and if I decide to take things
into my own hands.  No point in both of us going to Jail.  :-)