[IP] thyroid problems??

>From: email @ redacted
>Subject: [IP] thyroid problems??
>Just got back last A1C and it was down to 5.5.  Doctor told me I could be
>poster girl for diabetes!!  She also noted that my thyroid was slowing down.
>Does anybody else have thyroid problems and need pills.  How well do they
>work and any side effects??

I've been on Synthroid now for a while (2 years?).  I find it hard to
remember because there are absolutely no effects that I can detect.  If I
forget to take the pill a lot, then an effect shows up in the lab test.
Any symptoms for me from low thyroid itself, though, are indetectable.  If
you have some low thyroid symptoms, the effect of the pills may be more
noticable.  So, I wouldn't worry about this.  Pills are easy to take
(though not necessarily to rememeber).

Ed (DM since 7/75, pumping since 1/01)
Lack of thyroid hormone causes a feeling of being cold, poor memory,
thickening of th skin and fingernails. lots of the symptoms take a long time
to develop spot