[IP] re: D-Tron to MM508 switch & audio bolus question

From: "Rabbi Hirsch Meisels" <email @ redacted>

I just switched to the D-Tron from the MM 508, and I have a few concerns.

One thing I am afraid of, the audio bolus (is that the right term?) does not
have to be confirmed, so does it never happen that buttons are accidentally
pressed and a bolus is delivered unintended?

Another question, when I get a low battery warning, how much time do I have
to change the power pack?  It is a little too big to carry in my pocket a
spare one.
The audio bolus does have to be confirmed.  You push ACT once to "hear the
song" (as my son describes it) for the # of units, and then ACT again to
confirm it.

Also, the battery pack has about a couple of hours left after low battery
message.  We usually get it at home, but the last one buzzed in the afternoon &
we didn't change it until we were home after supper.  It says how long
somewhere in the MiniMed manual.

Good luck,
Shelly V., mom to Luke, 6-1/2, pumping 3/5/01 MM508

Do You Yahoo!?