RE: [IP] Virus/Diabetes Link?

Pixie [mailto:email @ redacted] wrote:

> Does anyone have any info on the connection or causal
> relationship between
> DM and viral infections?

I doubt that there is any.  There are some statistical associations between
onset of type 1 diabetes and Coxsackievirus and maybe a few others, but it
takes a great deal more to demonstrate a causal relationship.  It's
important to remember that correlation is not causation.

Jim Handsfield
email @ redacted OR