Re: [IP] Looking for a new meter

>I have two questions for ya's.  First, I'm looking for a new meter.  I'm
>looking for something that requires the tiniest amount of blood, straw
>sucking action to the strip,  a 5 second countdown and something that
>measures the serum (???) part of the blood like the Glucometer Elite XL does.
>  Any suggestions???

I love the FreeStyle(TM) from TheraSense (http://www.therasense.com/). It
uses the smallest sample size (0.3uL vs 1.0uL for the Ultra) of any of the
meters and to me that makes all the difference in the world. I have not
done a finger prick since 1/23/01 (1974 test ago) and I really appreciate it!

The FreeStyle is calibrated to plasma values and takes about 15 sec for
each test. If you insist on 5 sec then you are probably limited to the
Ultra and its 1.0uL sample size.