Re: [IP] Looking for a new meter

In a message dated 6/29/01 10:28:07 AM Central Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> a 5 second countdown and something that
> measures the serum (???) part of the blood like the Glucometer Elite XL
> does.  Any suggestions???"

Do you mean plasma and not whole blood?  Yes, the Ultra does that..... many
of the meters do.  My personal favorite is the FreeStyle meter by Therasense.
 It takes the TINIEST amount of blood compared to all the meters on the
market today (last I heard) and is very quick when your sugar is within a
"normal" range (what's normal?  LOL)  If your sugar is a little high, it
might take 7-10 seconds versus 5 seconds, etc.....