Re: [IP] Re: Good new/Bad news?

In a message dated 6/27/01 11:41:00 AM Central Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> >> Insurance is still draggin their feet authorizing
> >> the pump.  I call every other day to bug them.
> >> Today I had some interesting news.  I had my blood
> >> draw yesterday (didn't pass out for the first time
> >> in 10 draws!) and my hA1c came back 6.1  That is the
> >> best one I've had in 20 years.  (Unfortunately
> >> probably due to hypos too many times, my log
> >> wouldn't show you great control!)
This is why my doctor puts almost everyone on the sensor, especially
children, when trying to get approval with insurance!  She says it has worked
every time because they then see the ups and downs and it's coming from a doc
too adn not just numbers written down, although that's a lot of work for us
and they don't even realize that in itself  :O(
Try getting on the sensor and having that submitted.....even people with low
A1c levels show ups and downs as we all know..... and sometimes we don't even
know they happen until looking at sensor results!
Kill two birds with one stone (that's not nice.....LOL)
Good Luck!