Re: [IP] Convincing a CDE

Hi Vicki,

As a diabetic, registered nurse, and a mom to be, I
can't believe what I'm hearing.  This cde obviously
never heard of a patients bill of rights.  If you and
especially your daughter are for the pump there's no
problem other than insurance approval.  Only you can
legally make "the final decision" regarding your
daughter's health care and treatment.  I would tell
her where to go then tell your endo that you want to
deal only with her and not the cde. (Sorry, it must be
the hormones!)  Being in the health care field, I know
that only patients, medical power of attorney and
parents of minors make all final decisions regarding
heath care.  Doctors, nurses and others do not make
any final decisions for patients.  We give you
information to do that.  This cde needs a reality
check and needs to be reminded that you are the
parent.  What you say goes.

Good luck!
Ann-Marie
dx'd 4/78, pumping 1/01