[IP] testing multiple times

I agree with Fran, Catherine, and others, about the value of testing often.
I am testing at least 12x a day at the moment.

Obsessive? I don't think so...when I was on the CGM (continuous glucose
monitor) for 3 days, the biggest shock I had was this: while my b.g. levels
were, say, 121 at 7:00 p.m. and 125 at 9:00 p.m., the reality was that they
went way down--to 65 or so--at 8:00 p.m. I was amazed. Same problems at
night. So now, if I get up to go to the bathroom at night, I test my blood
sugar as well.

Also, while exercising, I test around once every 1/2 hour. Things change too
rapidly for me to test only once every 4 hours or so.

And of course the effects of various meals are often hard to predict,
lending importance to checking b.g. levels 2 hours after the meal.

If only the insurance companies (who balk at covering 12 strips a day) would
realize that the better we control our blood sugar (and the more closely we
monitor blood sugars the better we control them), the fewer complications
both now and down the road. If they don't cover them, shame on them! Penny
wise, pound foolish.

Todd (age 49, diagnosed age 13, pumping since 01/00)

NetZero Platinum
No Banner Ads and Unlimited Access
Sign Up Today - Only $9.95 per month!