[IP] Need viral diabetes connection info

Anyone have info on viral causes of IDDM? Especially the possible theroies
about coxsackie connection. Please send me info, we're discussing this on a
list I created for DM'ers in a social organization I belong to. One of my
friends is a diabetic and I never knew it, and their A1C is 12.4 so I want
to help educate and help them get control again:)

Cut from friends email to the list-

Where I was able to find considerable source material on viral agents as
triggers for type 1 Diabetes, I wasn't able to find more than a handful that
mention a specific viral agent (lymphocytic choriomeningitis virus (LCMV)
being one of the very few that I could find).  I would love to see the
source material that you have on the coxsackie, though (was it A or B?)....