Re: [IP] Birth control pills and bg going up?

Oh boy!  Do i know this is true... of course everyone's milage does vary, but
for me when I was off the pill for a month or so, my sugars were so low and i
was slow to lower my basals, so i was low for a few days straight with only
short periods of time in between when I was normal.  (Kim - if you're out
there, remember the few days you were kind enough to talk me through all my
lows?) I finally figured it out and actually learned alot from the
experience.  I also find that about a week before my cycle begins, my basals
need to go up about 20% or so.  I'm not quite like clockwork, so I don't end
up turning the alternate basal on or off until i either run high (just before
my cycle) or wind up with lows (usually somewhere in the first day or two).
I also have learned that 99% of the times, if I have a stuborn high, where I
can't attribute it to a carb/fatty food combo, I adjust my basal and thats
just what I needed.  Sometimes I find out a few days later that I was getting
sick, and sometimes I never figure it out, but personally, a high that won't
go away with normal or even heavy bolusing is calling for a higher basal.
Hope this helps.