[IP] Different Basal rates

I find a drastic change in my basal rate requirements during the month -about a week prior to my period my insulin needs more than double and this lasts for the first few days of my period.  I recently read in a diabetic magazine that up to 66% of women find this to be the case.  It's tricky to know
when to raise the basal rate and when to cut it back again.  I have a 507C pump which only allows me one basal rate and the temporary basal rate but I think the newer pumps with more than one basal rate would be wonderful.  Unfortunately I can't afford the update so I just change my basal rate twice
a month.  Hope this helps.