RE: [IP] Protein and blood glucose

Colleen wrote:

<<<The following quote is from Dr. Bernstein's Diabetes Solution: "Protein
the second of our two dietary sources of blood sugar. Protein foods are only
about 20 percent protein by weight (6 grams per ounce), the rest being fat,
water, or indigestible 'gristle.' The liver, instructed by the hormone
glucagon, can very slowly transform as much as 52 percent of the above 6
grams per ounce into glucose?>>>

Thanks for reminding me the source on covering protein with insulin,
interesting to note, that Dr. Bernstein writes in the book to cover 1 and a
half oz of protein as 8 gr of carb! (which is more then 50%).

Rabbi Hirsch Meisels